Dr. Felix O. Olorunmola
OLORUNMOLA, Oluwasola Felix, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. Principal Research Fellow
Felix O. Olorunmola obtained his B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Obafemi Awolowo University. He is also a holder of a Diploma certificate in epidemiology and control of Schistosomiasis from the Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charllotelund, Denmark.
He was actively involved in epidemiology and control of Schistosomiasis project in the Unit, in which a natural plant molluscicide was effectively used for the control of Schistosomiasis in some parts of South Western Nigeria. He is also involved in Antimicrobial drug research with particular interest in some Nigerian Medicinal Plants, with the aim of sourcing for new and effective antimicrobial principles and drug development. His research efforts on extracts and oils from medicinal plants to combat the problem of resistant organisms covered broad area of infectious microorganisms that are responsible for wound infection, malaria, Trypanosomiasis and oral infections. His recent focus has been on sourcing for plants with antibiofilm activity to mitigate the development of dental caries. He is also involved in antisickling research and development of phytomedicines.
His teaching activities cover both undergraduate and postgraduate courses and has successfully supervised seven postgraduate Diploma students, six M.Sc. and one Ph.D. students. He currently supervise one M. Sc. Student.
- mail: email@example.com
Some of his published articles include
- Seun Ogundele, Ayodeji O. Oriola, Adebola O. Oyedeji, Felix O. Olorunmola and Joseph Agbedahunsi (2022). Flavonoids from Stem Back of Artocarpus altilis (Parkinson ex F.A.Zorn). Chemistry Africa. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42250-022- 00489-z.
- 2. Adeoye Babatunde Kazeem, Aransiola Elizarbeth Funmilayo, Alebiowu Gbenga, Bisi-Johnson Mary Adejumoke, Olorunmola Felix Oluwasola, Adepoju Oluwarinu Aduragbemi (2021). Characterisation and Microbiological Evaluation of Probiotic Isolated from Bambara Groundnut. International Journal of Applied Science and Biotechnology 9(1): 54-64. DOI: 10.312/ijasbt.v9i1.32959.
- 3. Ruth Adefolakemi Gabriel-Ajobiewe, Blessing Mosope Gabriel, Mojisola Christiana Cyril-Olutayo, Felix O. Olorunmola and Kehinde Temitope Adegbehingbe (2020). Dosage Determination of Ethnopharmacologically Used Fermented Zea mays mays Liquor Extract of Bambusa vulgaris Schrad. Ex J.C. Wendel Leaf Against Salmonella typhi. Jundishapur Journal of Natural Pharmaceutical Products November; 15(4):e97866. doi:10.5812/jjnpp.97866.
- 4. Olorunmola, F.O., Oladeji, O.L., Oriola, A.O. & Adesina, S.K. (2019). Antimicrobial Potential of Ethanol Extract and Fractions of Caesalpinia benthamiana (Caesalpinaceae) Root on Some Organisms Implicated in Oral Infections. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, 28(6), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.9734/jrpi/2019/v28i630219 (India).
- 5. Olorunmola, F.O., Omisore, O.N., and Gbolade, A.A. (2018). Anti-trichomonal and cytotoxic activities of Chenopodium ambrosioides Var. Anthelminticum Herb essential oil from Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Natural Products and Medicine, Vol. 22: 92-96.
- Elusiyan, C. A., Ayoade, O., Adeloye, A. O., Olorunmola, O., Agbedahunsi, J. M. and Ogundaini, A. O. (2018). Antisickling and Radical Scavenging Activities of Selected Medicinal Plants and Compounds from Mitracarpus villosus (Sw.) DC. Cham. Eur. J. Med. Plants. 24(4), 1-10. DOI: 10.9734/EJMP/2018/42706 (UK).
7 Adeniyi, P.O., Olasunkanmi, O.O., Akinpelu, D.A., Ajayi, O.F., Omololu-Aso, J. and Olorunmola, F.O. (2018) Studies of bioactive potentials of the root extracts of Elais guineensis Jacq. against pathogens implicated in wound infections. Journal of Advances in Microbiology 10(3): 1-13. (India)